Geekbot lets you tweak all sorts of settings for standups, you just need the right group privileges. If you are the standup/survey creator, you have these privileges by default — while you can give them to other report members as well. [LINK TO MEMBER PRIVILEGES]
You configure your standups/surveys in the dashboard, which you access either by:
- Logging in via the Geekbot website; or,
loginto Geekbot in Slack.
Once logged in, you have several options.
Edit Your Standup/Survey
To edit a report from the dashboard, find the standup, and click
You'll see all the configurations you set for the standup — and you can make any changes you want before saving your preferences.
Even for humans, it's a piece of 🍰.
It's just as easy to update who's in your reporting group. You can manage all of this from the same page:
- Add a team member by going to the 'Participants' tab, typing their name, and hitting
enter(or add several members at once by syncing your entire channel member list to the Geekbot standup/survey using the toggle in the top-right of the screen)
- Or remove someone by finding the right name in the list and clicking
Remove— it's right next to the bin icon
...and don't forget to hit
Save once you're done! 👈
Delete/Pause/Duplicate a Standup/Survey
There's even a quick way to amend the reporting schedule (or delete a standup entirely). You do this using the 'Advanced' tab found at the top of the screen, which gives you the option to
Delete a standup.
- If you pause a standup, you can resume it at any time via the same button: Geekbot will simply alert participants in the channel when a standup is paused (and stop associated notifications) and will not comment again until the standup resumes
- A duplicated standup/survey maintains all the original settings apart from the group's name: Geekbot will ask for a new one and won't fire out any notifications
- If you delete a standup, it's gone for good: there is no undo, you have been warned ☠️
And that's all (for now!) for standup settings — if you want to see something new, you can always fill in this survey to submit your feature request 🚀